We are pleased to welcome Parker Hannifin Corporation to Smart Vehicle Concepts center, and are glad to announce the initiation of a new project titled ‘Design of Matrix Materials and Additive Components for Simulcure 3D Printing’.
Smart Vehicle Concepts center is an NSF I/UCRC funded research center at The Ohio State University. More information about SVC is available at https://svc.engineering.osu.edu/
Dr. Sundaresan and Dr. Atulasimha were awarded their patent on minimally invasive magnetoelectric surgical surgical tools by USPTO on December 10, 2013. Link to the published patent is available at http://www.google.com/patents/US8602034 .
Summer and autumn-13 semester seemed short and busy, but the flurry of activity has completed the laboratory setup since my move to The Ohio State University. The hiatus from updates gave us the much needed time to carry out our day-to-day activities with little interruption. Today (13th December 2013) marks the end of the autumn semester and this blog is the semester newsletter for Integrated Materials Systems lab. We welcomed
- graduate student Yufan Ling in August 2013
- postdoctoral researcher Dr. Ursula Zangrilli in August 2013
- visiting professor Dr. Honghui Zhang in September 2013
- undergraduate researchers Trey Schober and Yunli Chen in November 2013
- graduate student Srivatsava Krishnan in November 2013
to the lab. We are excited to have almost doubled in size and expanded the research portfolio of this group. We also welcome new collaborations between the Integrated Material Systems lab and
- Dr. Otero’s group, Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University
- Center for Applied Plant Sciences, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Hall’s group, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University
We have also enhanced our fabrication and characterization capabilities through the addition of
- HEKA ElProScan3 scanning electrochemical microscope
- Sutter P-2000 pipette puller for the manufacture of SECM nanoelectrodes
- Programmable spin coater
- Electron microscopy sciences sputter coater (with inductive plasma etcher, carbon evaporator)
- Sutter nanopositioners (two)
and other miscellaneous hardware essential for our continuing and new projects.
Ongoing research work was presented at
- 2013 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems (SMASIS) at Snowbird, UT (Sep 16-18, 2013)
- R. Northcutt and V.B. Sundaresan, CHARACTERIZATION OF ELECTROCHEMICAL CAPACITY OF A BIOTEMPLATED POLYPYRROLE MEMBRANE
- V. Venugopal and V. B. Sundaresan, A CHEMO-MECHANICAL CONSTITUTIVE MODEL FOR CONDUCTING POLYMERS
- V. B. Sundaresan, FREQUENCY DEPENDENT ION REJECTION PROPERTIES OF ACTIVE NANOPOROUS MEMBRANES
- 2nd International Conference on Connected Vehicles and Exposition (ICCVE) at Las Vegas, NV (Dec 2-6, 2013)
- P. D. Urbina Coronado, V.B. Sundaresan and H. Ahuett-Garza, DESIGN OF AN ANDROID-BASED INPUT DEVICE FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES
and various journal articles for consideration towards original contributions in their fields.
The conference presentations will be made available in our research section of this website. Also, we intend to post our open-source software (firmware and android app) that will enable the integration of mobile devices to automotive dashboard systems over WLAN in a separate research post in this website by the first week of January 2014. Please check back in the next few weeks for relevant information.
Sundaresan Research Group’s (Integrated Material Systems Lab) website has been updated. Please follow this blog for updates/news.